A Very Hershey Sunday

22 May

This past sunday. My husband, the boys and I took a trip to the Ronald McDonald house in Hershey Pa to drop off donated items. Thank you to everyone who donated! Every year we try to give something to them.

If you don’t know the Ronald McDonald House is an awesome charity for families who need a place to stay while their child or children are ill or injured and need to stay in the hospital or near. It allows families a comfortable place to stay free of charge. So they can stay close to their child.

Our Connection

Two days before Thanksgiving 2009 early in the night. We were awaken by a loud thoud. My husband ran out of our bedroom (we were sleeping) and yelled call 911 the tv fell on Josh. Dazed and confused I jumped up and was quickly snapped out my sleep, to see my son laying on the floor with  with blood coming out of one ear. That’s when I knew it was serious. The ambulance came and took him to lancaster hospital. When we arrived, It was like a movie with a team of doctors and nurses waiting to take care of him. There I  was waiting in a little room for word on what was going on with my only child and waiting for my husband to arrive. I was praying and crying…I was beside myself. My husband and his parents finally came and a little bit after that they came in and told us they were going to fly him to hershey medical to their children’s hospital. They let us go see him before they took off. It was heartbreaking my baby (4years old at the time) was all strapped down and ready. He had two black and swollen eyes and was put into a medically induced coma. We drove to the hospital in hershey and was met with our good friend and his father in law who is also the pastor of the church we were going to.  Once we were told were to go. It was another long wait with phone calls to family and lots and lots of praying and crying. The doctor finally came and told us they had him stable and they were not sure the outcome. He had skull fractures and swelling. We went up to the icu to see him. After awhile they told us for now everything seemed ok and they would give us a call with any changes. We stayed in a Ronald McDonald  room for family to stay at in the hospital but eventurally went to the car and fell asleep for what seem like two mins.

In the morning he still wasn’t wake. The doctors said he may not recognize you. He may not be able to speak, walk etc… I was so happy my child was alive and we would take one thing and day at a time.

They set us up at the Ronald McDonald house such a blessing! We got a room. Then went back to the hospital. Where the nurse told us he woke up and that he made them take him to use the bathroom because he did not want to go in the diaper he had on. Lol thats my child I knew he would be ok. He was still a little weak and groggy and could barely see. When we came in to see him we called his name. He said mommy, daddy? GOD IS GOOD!!!!!! We stayed with him until he went to sleep and went back to the RMH. We took showers, ate a little and got to rest and sleep in a bed. It was great to be able to relax and have a place to do so in and not have to worry about money during a trying time.

The next day was Thanksgiving and boy did we have soo much to be thankful for. My husband and his mom went back to our home which is a little over an hour away to get us some clothes while my father inlaw and I stayed with lil Josh and ate Thanksgiving lunch. After my husband came back my inlaws drove back home and we walked around and played with our son until he fell asleep. He was down graded that night and could go home the next day if everything went well. We went back to the RMH where we ate Thanksgiving dinner made by wonderful people who volunteer to make meals for the families who stay there.

The next day we got to take our baby home where we were meet with family and friends with so much love and support. The church preschool he went to some of families made dinner for us for a week. They sent cards and a big poster of all the kids hand prints, full of get wells.

Life is so presious and you don’t know when you will be called home. Never take it for granted. We all know life is hard but you got to trust god and walk with him no matter what. I’am learning each and everyday. Always help out and give what you can and in anyway you can. You never know when you will need support.

We were extremly blessed because alot of children don’t make it out of that situation.

On A Lighter Note

We went to the RMH. They are all done with their renovation and it is wonderful! They added more rooms, another laundry room, another kitchen, another dining room, a kids play area, computer room, and craft room.






                     Great Job!

After that we decided to go to Hershey park well chocolate world. I Love that place and so did the boys. It was Jere’s first time going.That place never gets old…lol.


Sorry for the long post

Happy Hair : )


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: